Friday, April 2, 2010

Love Dare Day 2

So Day one went well. I did however realize that I am so quick to anger even over little things. I tried to make the word patience a bit of a mantra for me. Just continually reminding myself to be patient. I at times did think disapproving thoughts of Jai and I tried oh so hard not to say anything negative. I am a negative person. These are things I can work on in marriage and just in life in general.

Day 2 Love Is Kind
Patience=reacts, kindness=acts. Patience avoids a problem;kindness creates a blessing.
Gentleness
-never being unnecessarily harsh
-speak the truth in love
Helpfullness
-meet the needs of the moment
Willingness
-stay flexible, compromise
Initiative
-serves and forgives first
Proverbs 31:26"She opens her mouth in wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue."
Love is not based on feelings.
Today I need to one act of kindness. I think the act of kindness is easy for me, its the feeling of being kind, or thinking kind thoughts that I have trouble with.
Lord, help me be kind and patient with Jai. Give me your strength to do this.

No comments: